Day 30 - Underwater fears

     Swimming today. Turned into pushing myself to get across the pool in one breath. A familiar point came up: I've always been afraid that I won't be able to take my next breath soon enough. The panic/anxiety causes me to want to surface sooner than I need to. This is a variable fluctuation in terms of time,. but in terms of fear, I feel it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed anxiety to take over my mind and physical when I am under water.

I forgive myself for not seeing that I need to prepare above water for the holding of my breath.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to live in fear while underwater because I might choke if I try to inhale before I've reached the surface.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be impatient while surfacing.

I forgive myself for being anxious underwater, and within that I forgive myself for not slowing down to take a moment to collect myself within my breath prior to a prolonged, underwater expedition.

I forgive myself for accepted and allowing myself to judge myself as a bad or good within the label of an underwater breath holder...! Character..

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to take on the character that I am a holder of my breath underwater, and so I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to compare my ability to others' ability to hold their breath.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to unconditionally live as an amphibious creature of this earth.



CC


I commit myself to a common sense approach to underwater swimming.

I commit myself to recognizing when I am anxious and need to slow down to breathe for a moment.

I commit myself to uncovering the source of my underwater anxiety, so I can completely remove this fear.

I commit myself to calm my mind, and just swim, listening to my body for when I need air.

I commit myself to absolute awareness of the moment as my starting point  before going under.


I commit myself to not sharing and comparing my character of being able to hold my breath for a longer or shorter amount of time.

I commit myself to here, underwater too :)

P.S. I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be anxious to take a breath before I have surfaced. ahhh

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I suggest the following structure for self-forgiveness:
    I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed ...., without realizing that....

    'wthout realizing that' ask yourself: 'what I'm forgiving, and what I can see about that point now of how it's self-dishonesty o self-decieve.

    Thanks for share, Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thanked you for this suggestion. Well, now I am! I'm only recently starting to get the hang of forgiveness followed by specificity to really understand what I am letting go of. Thank you!

      Delete